JoAnn Latus School of Dance – Child Protection Policy
We believe that no child or young person should be the subject of neglectful or abusive behaviour.
We will promote and maintain the welfare of every child in our care and seek to protect them from harm regardless of race, age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, religious belief or any other form of identity or creed. We will create a safe and welcoming environment for all.
This policy applies to all our teaching staff and volunteers and covers children under the age of 18 and/or vulnerable adults under the age of 24.
To protect children and young people in our care, we will:
- Value and respect children and listen to what they have to say
- Work with children, parents and relevant organisations
- Share our policy with all staff, parents and students
- Ensure all required checks are made when hiring staff and that those in regular contact with children hold a current DBS check (or non-UK equivalent)
- Provide appropriate training and support to all staff
- Take responsibility for children and young people’s safety when in our care
- Seek permission from parents before taking images (photographs or lm) of students and inform them how and where the images will be used
- Report suspected neglect or abuse to the relevant organization or police
- Ensure that this policy is regularly updated
Additional guidance can be found in the following documents:
- Health and Safety Policy
- Reporting Suspected Neglect or Abuse
- Appropriate Physical Contact in Dance
- Chaperoning Students to and from Dance Events
- Use of Photographs and Film of Children
This policy was last reviewed on 10th May 2017